Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Wednesday 17 September 2014

TRESemme Thermal Recovery Treatment; REVIEW

Its no secret that I'm a big fan of hair masks and treatments. After putting my hair through some tough times over the past few years I look to hair masks to help re-hydrate and make my hair softer and more manageable. To say I've tried my fair share of hair masks is a bit of an understatement, but although I've often come close to my 'holy grail' product I'm still on my quest to find the best for my needs.
I stumbled across the TRESemme Thermal Recovery Treatment during my weekly shop in good old Tesco. I must admit, it was the fact that this hair mask was on offer that drew me in - being a girl on a budget means I appreciate being able to save a few pennies! If I remember correctly the offer was two 500ml tubs for only five pounds, so in the trolley they went. 
As a teenager I'd tried a lot of different products from TRESemme, but had sort of out grown them and left the brand back with my adolescence whilst moving on to more expensive products as most do when they begin bringing in their own money. As far as I remembered, I didn't dislike the brand but they'd just become out of favour on my quest to try a sample of the billion different products that are out there.
First of all; the packaging. The product is housed in a screw top tub, which most hair masks tend to be. The packaging isn't bad, but nor does it draw the attention. However, being a more affordable product I can understand that TRESemme wouldn't want to have to boost the price point by spending more on fancy packaging. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - right? It works well, keeps the product safe, doesn't leak and although can be a little inconvenient in the shower on the whole its pretty decent. The colours of the packaging are synonymous with the other products in this particular line and are distinguishable from other lines by TRESemme.
Inside the tub you will find a hefty 500ml of product which although fragranced, isn't too strong or overbearing. The mask is not unlike any other generic hair mask that you may have in your bathroom cabinet in texture or colour, just an average white, gloopy looking paste which reminds me of something from 'get your own back'. 
Ingredients include aloe vera and almond oil extracts, both of which are a bit of a big deal in the hair care world. Both have substantial claims of being replenishing behind them, and any product that I have used containing either one or the other, or indeed both have left my hair feeling pretty darn happy.
I tend to apply this mask to dry hair before getting in the bath, and I try to leave it on for as long as possible, depending what time frame I have. I find that leaving it for 30-45 minutes works best, but I still get great results if I only leave it for 10 minutes. I smooth a handful of product through my hair, avoiding the roots but concentrating on my very dehydrated ends and clip on top of my head. You can also use a shower cap to help keep your bathtub mess free, but a clip works just fine. I then get on with what ever I'm doing in the bathroom, the usual, obvious things that I wont go into, or something a little more unusual like reading a book (its the only place I'm guaranteed some peace!) I tend to find that putting this on when in the bath works best, because of the heat that is created by sitting in a hot bath allows the product to absorb into the hair shaft better, similarly if you have things to be getting on with, putting a shower cap over your hair and using a blow dryer for a few seconds works well too. Whenever I'm ready, I simply rinse the mask out using the shower head and shampoo and condition as usual. 
When I've blow dried and styled my hair I am left with beautifully shiny, bouncy, cashmere soft hair that looks like it's never been miss treated a day in its life. Pretty spectacular for hair that's actually been bleached to within an inch of its life. 
Is it the best hair mask around? Probably not - but it's pretty phenomenal for a fiver! I'm loving the long lasting results that it gives my hair. Only yesterday my hairdresser commented on how much healthier my hair feels nowadays, and I can't help but think that this little tub of tlc for your hair may be partly responsible!
Have you tried any of the TRESemme intensive masks?
 photo signature1_zpscde86863.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment